Conference VenueThe conference will take place in Danang University of Science and Technology (DUT), Vietnam. In the worst scenario when the government and authorities try to bring social distancing back again, we would run ACOMPA 2023 in a fully virtual mode as we did during in the pandemic time.
AboutAccording to Travel Advisory to Da Nang, with broad beaches, fantastic street food, the fabled Hai Van Pass, and a growing collection of cafes, restaurants, and bars, it’s no wonder the residents of Da Nang sport some of the broadest smiles in the country. The warm sands of My Khe Beach sweep south from the mountainous Son Tra Peninsula. Da Nang hosts some of Vietnam's top luxury resorts, but much of the beach still belongs to the people who make it their playground, gym, and source of livelihood.
Top things to do in Da Nang
- Enjoy the beach: Be sure to set the alarm clock early at least once on your stay. Along the shore, fishermen sell the day’s catch, football and volleyball matches spring up all around, and people jog, stroll or simply relax on the sand.
- See the Son Tra Peninsula: The Son Tra Peninsula strikes out into the ocean, its densely forested hillsides are home to the endangered red-shanked douc langur — one of the world’s most striking primates. Grab some binoculars, hire a motorbike, and head out for a day of wildlife spotting.
- Learn about Cham culture: The Cham people once ruled much of Central Vietnam, and ruins of their temples have been excavated around Da Nang. The superb Cham Museum of Sculpture houses the largest collection of Cham sculpture in the world.
- Dine on street food: Da Nang is a dream destination for foodies, with scores of seafront eateries and street food stalls. Mi Quang — a dish of rice noodles, pork, shrimp, quail eggs, peanuts and fresh herbs — is must-try delight.
- Explore Marble Mountains: Marble Mountains is a collection of five outcrops topped with atmospheric pagodas, only 15 minutes from the city. Set out in the early morning to take a serene walk up stone steps, explore hidden caves, and admire ancient shrines.